Career Readiness Workshop – Getting Ready for the Job Fair
Did you know that Albany is holding its first annual "Second Chance" Job Fair, on October 17? This is a career placement event specifically for reentry candidates of all ages, experience levels, and career paths. Local employers will be there looking to fill full time, part time, and apprentice positions.
To prepare for this, we are offering a pair of career readiness workshops on Tuesday, October 2 and October 16 from 10:30am - 12pm at the Howe Branch to help you create or update your resume, prepare for an interview, and address any questions or concerns you might have. Workforce development staff will be here to assist you and make sure you feel ready for the fair.
And here is the full description of the fair:
Albany's First Annual "Second Chance" Job Fair
- Reentry candidates of all ages, experience levels and those interested in any career field are welcome to attend
- Participating employers are looking to fill full time, part time, and apprentice positions
- Come prepared with resumes and dress professionally
- Learn about community resources and industry specific training options that are available to put you on a career path
Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Career Central 175 Central Ave., 3rd Floor
Albany, NY 12206
Sponsored by The City of Albany Department of Youth and Workforce Services, Trinity Alliance and others
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018
- 10:30am - 12:00pm