Small Business Development Series at the Delaware Branch
[Ages 18+] Looking to start a new business and not sure where to start? Educators from the NYS Small Business Development Center will be coming to the Delaware branch to offer a two part series to explain how to get your own business off the ground.
October 1 - Business Planning Basics-
A business plan is not just required to secure funding at the start-up phase of a business, but also a critical tool that can assist you with identifying challenges with your business model, hasten your response to changes in the market, and improve the effectiveness of management. the more you understand how your business operates the better equipped you will be to ensure the achievement of your goals and long term success.
The seminar will provide attendees with:
- Overview of why each section of the business plan is important
- Overview of what types of information and data are needed to complete each section
- Overview of best practices for developing and updating a business plan
- How to utilize your business plan in daily business operations
October 8 - Marketing 101 – How to make the most of your efforts
An effective Marketing Strategy is more than just implementing a bunch of marketing tactics and hoping that something works. It requires thought, research, an understanding of consumer behaviors, targeting the strategy to the 'right' customers and executing your strategy.
During the seminar, attendees will be provided with an overview of:
- Overview of how to identify potential customer bases
- Overview of how and where to conduct market research
- Overview of how to identify your business’ market niche
- Overview of how to develop a marketing and advertising budget
- Overview of how to develop a marketing and advertising plan.
Registration is required for this series and will be open on Tuesday, September 17. Registration can be completed in person at any Albany Public Library reference desk, through the APL programming calendar, or by calling any of the APL reference desks. For more specific questions, please contact the Delaware branch reference desk at 518-463-0254 x223.
- Tuesday, October 8, 2019
- 6:30pm - 8:00pm
- Delaware - Community Room