Emergency Rental Assistance Program
[Ages 18+] A representative from the Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York will be coming to the Delaware branch to share information about the Emergency Rental Assistance Program of New York State.
New York residents are eligible for ERAP if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Household gross income is at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI). These income limits differ by county and household size. A household may qualify based on current income or calendar year 2020 income that is at or below 80 percent AMI.
- On or after March 13, 2020, a member of the household received unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in income, incurred significant costs or experienced financial hardship, directly or indirectly, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The applicant is obligated to pay rent at their primary residence and has rental arrears (rent overdue) at their current residence for rent owed on or after March 13, 2020.
- The household must be at risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability, which can be demonstrated by having rental arrears owed on or after March 13, 2020.
There are no immigration status requirements to qualify for the program.
Households eligible for rental arrears may also be eligible for help paying utility arrears at the same rental unit.
- Monday, July 26, 2021
- 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Delaware - Community Room