Cornell Cooperative - Oceans of Possibilities STEAM Series Online
[For ages 8-12] Do you love learning about the ocean and STEAM activities? Join a 4-H educator from Cornell Cooperative Extension of Albany County for a fun, hands-on program that brings STEAM and oceans of possibilities together. The activities will include:
· Exploring the layers of the ocean by making a liquid density jar
· Learn how to clean up oil spills in the ocean with Nano sand
· See how fish breathe underwater with a fun ocean science experiment
· Design your own boat with materials given and see if it can float with weight on it
· Build your own water filter to clean your water
The first 20 registrations will have the option of picking up the supplies for this series prior to the start of the event. Each kit contains the supplies to complete all five sessions. There will be a limit of two supply kits per family. When registering, only register the number of children needing a space. Please include a phone number and email address when registering. You can pick up materials at the Delaware Branch. After you have registered, please call the branch to schedule your kit pickup. We schedule appointments for participants to pick up their supply kits starting on 8/22/22. Pickups will be scheduled for 8/22-8/29.
The Zoom link to the event will be emailed to you a few days before the program. We will send an additional reminder email the morning of each session. Youth will have the opportunity to meet with a 4-H educator via Zoom from 3:00PM to 4:00PM during each day of the series. The 4-H educator will walk participants through each of the projects.
If you have any questions about registration, please call the Delaware Branch at 518-427-4300 ex.4 or email at email@example.com
If all spots are filled, you may still register to receive the link and be put on the waiting list.
- Dates & Times:
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm, Monday, August 29, 2022
3:00pm - 4:00pm, Tuesday, August 30, 2022
3:00pm - 4:00pm, Wednesday, August 31, 2022
3:00pm - 4:00pm, Thursday, September 1, 2022
3:00pm - 4:00pm, Friday, September 2, 2022
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.